SIXTH FORM STUDENT LEADERSHIP TEAM
Every year, Yr 12 students are asked to apply to become part of the Sixth Form Leadership Team. Any student in Yr 12 can apply and write a letter of application stating why they feel they would be a good leader and suggest ways to enhance the experience of all RWBA students. The applicants are then interviewed and take part in an assessment afternoon.
Students are then awarded the role of Head Students, Prefects or Sixth Form ambassadors.
Our Current Head Students are:
Alex Judge and Olivia Allen-Cotter
WHY BECOME A SSLT MEMBER?
- Contribute to the Academy – give something back
- Make a difference – be a role model
- Share ideas and experiences
- Shape the future
- Make a positive impact on the lives of younger student.
- Develop leadership skills
- Public speaking opportunities
- Supports applications, University, employment and further education
- Good attendance, punctuality and time-management
- Good ‘behaviour for learning’
- Team player
- The ability to talk confidently and appropriately to students, parents, staff and Governors
- Clear judgement
- Reliability and trustworthiness
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Responsible for raising matters that affect all students and voting on non-educational matters that directly affect them. SSLT members will be required to attend all manner of events as Academy Ambassadors and as such be willing and able to attend after school and in school events.
These may include:
- School Parliament meetings
- Open Evening
- 6th Form Open Evenings
- Carol Service
- Year 6 Induction Evening etc