Guidance For Students
STUDENTS ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Your teachers will set work for you on Show My Homework (for Years 7-11) and via email for Sixth Form before 9:00am for the day ahead. We would expect you to complete your work between 9:00am and 3:00pm, following your regular school timetable for the day.
• Identify a comfortable, quiet space in your home where you can work effectively and successfully. Make sure this isn’t somewhere like your bedroom to help you get into the mindset of having a “work” space, and a “personal” space that are different.
• Complete assignments with integrity and academic honesty, doing your best work.
• Tell your teachers straight away if you cannot meet deadlines or require additional help.
• Make sure you have breaks and lunchtimes planned during the day, and that you take regular short breaks to get up and walk around, away from any screens.
• Collaborate and support other students in their learning.
• Comply with RWBA’s e-Safety policies, including expectations for online etiquette. You should not attempt to interfere with other student’s learning by being silly or disruptive on the internet based learning tools.
IF YOU ARE LEARNING FROM HOME YOU SHOULD
• Check Show My Homework or email at the beginning of the day to see what work you have been set. Check at least twice a day for any updates. Talk to your parents about what you have been asked to do.
• Follow the directions to complete the tasks set to the deadlines. Show My Homework will say when and how you should submit your work to teachers.
• You can expect your teacher to be in the Microsoft Teams site for your class during the time you would normally be taught that lesson during the day. You can get to the class Teams site from https://teams.microsoft.com or the RWBA Intranet https://intranet.rwba.org.uk
• If you have any questions about your work, you may ask your teacher during the lesson via Microsoft Teams, or use the comment functionality in Show My Homework. Your teachers will only respond during the normal school day – you cannot expect them to be available at all times or during the weekend to help you.
LOOK AFTER YOURSELF
• Eat well, and drink lots of water
• Take regular short breaks away from the screen, but set a timer so you don’t get distracted for too long!
• Sleep well – your brain will need to recharge overnight, so avoid any screens in the hour before you go to bed.