The Pupil Premium is additional funding allocated to a school to help individual students achieve the same as their peers regardless of background. The aim is to close any attainment gap between them and their peers.
Those eligible are:
· Pupils who are recorded as eligible for free school meals, or have been recorded as eligible in the past 6 years
· Children looked after by local authorities, referred to as looked-after children
· Children previously looked after by a local authority or other state care, referred to as previously looked-after children
· Children where one of their parents is serving in the regular armed forces or has been in the last 6 year
At Royal Wootton Bassett Academy, we aim to deliver quality first teaching to all students, regardless of social background. Through extensive strategic planning and evaluations of outcomes, we have a range of successful support strategies in place for our students in receipt of the Pupil Premium.
- Provide life opportunities for personal development with the intention of building aspiration, ambition and motivation and enhanced engagement in learning.
- Ensure a personal approach to teaching, learning and intervention across all year groups and subjects to achieve better than expected progress.
- Evaluate the impact of interventions on learning and progression through tracking data.
- Offer social and mental support for students with the intention of building aspirational, successful and engaged students.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Mr Kirkby is our Pupil Premium Co-ordinator. If you have any enquiries, please contact them.