IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YEAR 6 PARENTS:
Year 6 Open Evening
Wednesday 11th September 6-8pm.
This is an open event for parents and Year 6 students to turn up and view the school and all the classrooms and various activities during the course of the evening. There will be the chance to talk with the Head Teacher, various members of the Leadership team, members of the SEN team, teachers, students and other members of staff you might wish to know more about when transitioning up to secondary school. There will be two talks by the Head, during the course of the evening and these times will be advertised in the booklet you will be given on the night. This event doesn't need to be booked, so please just come along and see all the fabulous things that RWBA can offer your student.
Year 6 Parent "Meet the Transition Team" Information Evening
We are holding Parent Information Evenings at our local primary schools and a central meeting at RWBA for all other schools to attend. This is a chance for any prospective Year 6 Parent/Guardians only to meet some of the staff on the Transition Team and ask any questions they may have. This is not an offer of a secondary school place, as you will be notified of this by your local council on the 1st March 2019.
|St Bartholomew's Primary Academy||TBA||6.00pm|
|Longleaze Primary School||TBA||6.00pm|
|Lyneham Primary School||TBA||6.00pm|
|Noremarsh Junior School||TBA||6.00pm|
|Lydiard Millicent CofE Junior School||TBA||6.00pm|
|All other Primary Schools to attend RWBA||TBA||6.00pm|
Year 6 Parent/Guardian 'Be Ready for Secondary' Event
A large A4 envelope will be sent to you prior to this event at the beginning of June. This pack will contain all the information needed/required for your child's transition to Secondary School - from which Tutor Group they are in, language choice, where to buy uniform, transport, music tuition and other important forms we require you to fill out etc... The required information needs to be bought back and handed in at this event.
- TBA 4.30-6.30pm - parents can purchase dictionaries, size uniform, meet Head of House, discuss any needs with SEN and/or Medical concerns, speak with Head of Year, transport, music teachers, pupil premium staff and can finish or start with tea/coffee/squash and biscuits in Terry's restaurant.
Year 6 Induction Days (all students to attend both days)
- Thursday 9th & Friday 10th July 2020
- Times - 8.40am - 3.00pm (please arrive for 8.30am ready to be lined up in your Tutor Group on the playground, staff will be on hand to assist)
- Come in Primary School uniform, bring a pencil, packed lunch, trainers, water and money if you wish to purchase food in the School Restaurant
First Day of Term for New Year 7's
- Year 7 only - Tuesday 3rd September 2019 (same as Induction Day, please arrive at 8.30 ready to be lined up in your Tutor Group on the playground)
- Whole school starts - Wednesday 4th September 2019
Uniform Sizing Afternoon's
- Chance to come in and size up your child's new uniform
- TBA - 4.30-6.00pm (apart from Noremarsh as we are aware of residential - Wednesday 19th June 4.00-6.00pm)
- Parental responsibility to order on-line - Preference would be to have the uniform delivered to the home address unless you already have a child in school to collect. If you have a child in school then orders must be processed before 1st Monday of July, so uniform can be collected before the end of the summer term