IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YEAR 6 PARENTS:
Year 6 Open Evening
Date to be advised
This is an open event for parents and Year 6 students to turn up and view the school and all the classrooms and various activities during the course of the evening. There will be the chance to talk with the Head Teacher, various members of the Leadership team, members of the SEN team, teachers, students and other members of staff you might wish to know more about when transitioning up to secondary school. There will be two talks by the Head, during the course of the evening and these times will be advertised in the booklet you will be given on the night. This event doesn't need to be booked, so please just come along and see all the fabulous things that RWBA can offer your student.
Year 6 Parent "Meet the Transition Team" Information Evening
We are holding Parent Information Evenings at our local primary schools and a central meeting at RWBA for all other schools to attend. This is a chance for any prospective Year 6 Parent/Guardians only to meet some of the staff on the Transition Team and ask any questions they may have. This is not an offer of a secondary school place, as you will be notified of this by your local council on the 2nd March 2020.
|Longleaze Primary School||Thursday 27th February||6.00om|
|Lyneham Primary School||Monday 2nd March||6.00pm|
|St Bartholomew's Primary Academy||Tuesday 3rd March||6.00pm|
|Lydiard Millicent CofE Junior School||Thursday 5th March||6.00pm|
All other Primary Schools to attend RWBA
Monday 9th March
|Noremarsh Junior School||Thursday 10th March||6.00pm|
Year 6 Parent Information Evening Presentation
Please click here for the powerpoint presentation from the Year 6 Parent Information evenings.
Year 6 Parent/Guardian 'Be Ready for Secondary' Event
- Wednesday 10th June 4.30-6.30pm - parents can purchase dictionaries, size uniform, meet Head of House, discuss any needs with SEN and/or Medical concerns, speak with Head of Year, transport, music teachers, pupil premium staff and can finish or start with tea/coffee/squash and biscuits in Terry's restaurant. There will be identical talks in the assembly hall at 5pm, 5.30pm and 6pm.
Year 6 Induction Days (all students to attend both days)
- Thursday 9th & Friday 10th July 2020
- Times - 8.40am - 3.00pm (please arrive for 8.30am ready to be lined up in your Tutor Group on the playground, staff will be on hand to assist)
- Come in Primary School uniform, bring a pencil, packed lunch, trainers, water and money if you wish to purchase food in the School Restaurant
First Day of Term for New Year 7's
- Year 7 only - Wednesday 2nd September 2020 (same as Induction Day, please arrive at 8.30 ready to be lined up in your Tutor Group on the playground)
- Whole school starts - Thursday 3rd September 2020
Uniform Sizing Afternoon's
- Chance to come in and size up your child's new uniform
- Wednesday 10th June - 4.30-6.00pm (apart from Noremarsh as we are aware of residential - Date to be arranged 4.00-6.00pm)
- Parental responsibility to order on-line - Preference would be to have the uniform delivered to the home address unless you already have a child in school to collect. If you have a child in school then orders must be processed before 1st Monday of July, so uniform can be collected before the end of the summer term