How to Apply
|Making an application to Royal Wootton Bassett Academy is a very straightforward process and we would be delighted to speak to you about the next steps.|
We suggest in the first instance that you contact our dedicated Admissions Team, Mrs Michele Pocock (firstname.lastname@example.org ) to arrange a Parent Tour or Mrs Alison Moore (email@example.com) to answer any queries regarding Transport, giving you the opportunity to see our Academy as it works and how your child will get to us. The Admissions Team will also be able to answer any questions you may have about the process, send you a prospectus and highlight all the relevant paperwork necessary to ensure a smooth application. Applications for Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Sixth Form can be processed by Mrs Hilary Stubbs (HStubbs@rwba.org.uk) on 01793 841905.
ADMISSIONS FOR YOUR SON/DAUGHTER TO BE ADMITTED INTO YEAR 7
If you are intending to apply for a place at this school for September 2019, you should be aware of the following points:
Making an application
- Parents can apply online from 1st September 2018 through www.wiltshire.gov.uk
- Details will be available to all Year 6 pupils attending a maintained mainstream Wiltshire school. Forms will also be available from County Hall in Trowbridge – Tel: (01225) 713010 or can be downloaded from their website.
- Parents should only use a Wiltshire form if they live within Wiltshire. If they live outside of the County and wish to apply for a Wiltshire school, they should name the School on the form produced by their home authority, e.g. Swindon.
- Applications should be used for prospective Year 7 children who have a date of birth between 01/09/2007 and 31/08/2008.
- All applications must be received at County Hall before 12noon on 31st October 2018.
- All paper applications will be acknowledged and parents are advised to contact the Customer Care Unit if they have not received their acknowledgement within 15 school days of it being submitted.
- Electronic applications are acknowledged by email.
- Please note: Proof of application must be provided if parents claim that an application has been lost. This can include proof from the Post Office or a completed receipt from the School Admission Team. Notification date
- All parents whose applications were received on or before the deadline date will have their notification letter posted to them first class on 1 March 2019 by the School Admissions Team in Trowbridge
- If your child has an Education Health Care Plan, you should contact your SEND case worker as your child's admission will be handled by the Central SEND Team and not by the School Admissions Team. You cannot apply online or use the common application form.
If you apply after the deadline of noon, 31 October 2018, your application will not be considered until all those applications received before the deadline have been processed. This means that the outcome of your application will not be determined until early May 2019 at the earliest. Only in exceptional circumstances will a late application be considered at the same time as applications received by the deadline of noon, 31 October 2018. Please contact Wiltshire County for the exceptions.
Applications for all other Year groups
Applications for entry into Years 8-11 only are now made through Wiltshire County even if you live outside of Wiltshire - apply online at www.wiltshire.gov.uk or forms are available from County Hall in Trowbridge - Tel: 01225 713010
Applications for Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Sixth Form can be processed by Mrs Hilary Stubbs (HStubbs@RWBA.org.uk) on 01793 841905.
You are, of course, welcome to contact the Admissions Team at any time by e-mail or by telephone on 01793 841954 and we look forward to meeting with you when you visit our Academy.