The Pupil Premium is additional funding allocated to a school to help individual students achieve the same as their peers regardless of background. The aim is to close any attainment gap between them and their peers.
Those eligible are:
- pupils who are receiving Free School Meals
- pupils who have received Free School Meals at some point in the last 6 years (FSM6)
- Service children or previous service children over last 5 years
- Looked After Children (LAC) or adopted children
At Royal Wootton Bassett Academy, we aim to deliver quality first teaching to all students, regardless of social background. Through extensive strategic planning and evaluations of outcomes, we have a range of successful support strategies in place for our students in receipt of the Pupil Premium.
- Provide life opportunities for personal development with the intention of building aspiration, ambition and motivation and enhanced engagement in learning.
- Ensure a personal approach to teaching, learning and intervention across all year groups and subjects to achieve better than expected progress.
- Evaluate the impact of interventions on learning and progression through tracking data.
- Offer social and mental support for students with the intention of building aspirational, successful and engaged students.
Andy Draper and Gemma Revell are our Pupil Premium Co-ordinators. If you have any enquiries, please contact them on firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently asked questions
To gain quick answers to frequently asked questions, please click here.
To see how we are spending the Pupil Premium funds in 2018 – 2019, please click here.
To see how we allocated funds and how successful our strategies were for 2017-2018 please click here.
To see our pupil premium action plan click here