Data and Examinations
The Examinations Officer here at Royal Wootton Bassett is Mrs Suzanne Henderson, contactable by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01793 841948.
KEY EXAM DATES 2019/20
External November GCSE Resits
There is an opportunity in November to resit Mathematics and English Language GCSE.
- English Language exams take place on 4th and 6th November 2019.
- Mathematics exams take place on 5th, 7th and 11th November 2019.
- Year 11 Internal Exams week commencing 30th September 2019 (2 weeks)
- Year 13 Internal Exams commencing Wednesday 4th December 2019 (6 days)
- Year 11 Internal Exams week commencing 13th January 2020 (2 weeks)
- Year 10 Internal Exams week commencing 23rd March 2020 (2 weeks)
- Year 12 Internal Exams week commencing 22nd June 2020 (2 weeks)
External summer exams run from 11 May - 25 June* 2020.
*Thursday 25 June is the JCQ contingency day for GCSE and/or GCE examinations in the event of widespread, sustained national or local disruption to examinations. It is part of the awarding bodies' standard contingency planning for examinations.
Candidates must remain available until Thursday 25 June 2020 should an awarding body need to invoke its contingency plan.
Please see the provisional timetable below which can be used as a guide until exam entries are made. Once entries are made students will be issued with their individual timetables which override this provisional timetable.
Exam Results Days
- A Level Results Day is Thursday 13th August 2020
Students can collect results between the following times: 8.30am – 10.00am in the Sixth Form Common Room.
- GCSE Results Day is Thursday 21st August 2020
- Students can collect results between the following times: 09:00am - 10.30am in the Assembly Hall
If students cannot pick up their results in person they may:
- Give permission for a named person to pick up results on their behalf.
The student must send a letter to Mrs Henderson (Exams Officer) or email (email@example.com) confirming the name of the person who will be collecting their results. People who are collecting results must bring a form of ID with them on results day so we can verify their identity.
- Arrange for results to be sent home by providing a SAE (Stamped Addressed Envelope) to Mrs Henderson (Exams Officer) by Thursday 11 July 2020
Please note that A4 envelopes must be stamped with a ‘Large Letter’ stamp.
Please note: Exam results cannot be emailed, they must be collected or sent home in the post.
Information to Candidates
The following information is issued by the Joint Council for Qualifications and should be read and understood by students taking external examinations.