IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YEAR 6 PARENTS:
Year 6 Parent "Meet the Transition Team" Information Evening
We are holding Parent Information Evenings at our local primary schools and a central meeting at RWBA for all other schools to attend. This is a chance for any prospective Year 6 Parent/Guardians only to meet some of the staff on the Transition Team and ask any questions they may have. This is not an offer of a secondary school place, as you will be notified of this by your local council on the 1st March 2018.
|School||Date ||Time |
|St Bartholomew's Primary Academy||Tuesday 27th February 2018||6.00pm|
|Longleaze Primary School||Thursday 8th March 2018||6.00pm |
|Lyneham Primary School||Tuesday 6th March 2018||6.00pm |
|Noremarsh Junior School||Wednesday 28th February 2018||6.00pm |
|Lydiard Millicent CofE Junior School||Thursday 1st March 2018||6.00pm |
|All other Primary Schools to attend RWBA||Monday 5th March 2018||6.00pm |
Year 6 Parent/Guardian 'Be Ready for Secondary' Event
A large A4 envelope will be sent to you prior to this event at the beginning of June. This pack will contain all the information needed/required for your child's transition to Secondary School - from which Tutor Group they are in, language choice, where to buy uniform, transport, music tuition and other important forms we require you to fill out etc... The required information needs to be bought back and handed in at this event.
- Monday 11th June - 3.30 - 6.00pm - parents can purchase dictionaries, size uniform, meet Head of House, discuss any needs with SEN and/or Medical concerns, speak with Head of Year, transport, music teachers, pupil premium staff and can finish or start with tea/coffee/squash and biscuits in Terry's restaurant.
Year 6 Induction Days (all students to attend both days)
- Thursday 12th & Friday 13th July 2018
- Times - 8.40am - 3.00pm (please arrive for 8.30am ready to be lined up in your Tutor Group on the playground, staff will be on hand to assist)
- Come in Primary School uniform, bring a pencil, packed lunch, trainers, water and money if you wish to purchase food in the School Restaurant
First Day of Term for New Year 7's
- Year 7 only - Tuesday 4th September 2018 (same as Induction Day, please arrive at 8.30 ready to be lined up in your Tutor Group on the playground)
- Whole school starts - Wednesday 5th September 2018
Uniform Sizing Afternoon's
- Chance to come in and size up your child's new uniform
- Monday 11th June - 3.30-6.00pm (apart from Noremarsh as we are aware of residential - please wait for an alternative date)
- Parental responsibility to order on-line - Preference would be to have the uniform delivered to the home address unless you already have a child in school to collect. If you have a child in school then orders must be processed before 1st Monday of July, so uniform can be collected before the end of the summer term.