IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YEAR 6 PARENTS:
Year 6 Parent "Meet the Transition Team" Information Evening
We are holding Parent Information Evenings at our local primary schools and a central meeting at RWBA for all other schools to attend. This is a chance for any prospective Year 6 Parent/Guardians only to meet some of the staff on the Transition Team and ask any questions they may have. This is not an offer of a secondary school place, as you will be notified of this by your local council on the 1st March 2017.
|School||Date ||Time |
|Broad Town CofE Primary School||Monday 27th February||6.00pm|
|St Bartholomew's Primary Academy||Tuesday 28th February||6.00pm|
|Longleaze Primary School||Wednesday 1st March||6.00pm |
|Lyneham Primary School||Thursday 2nd March||6.00pm |
|Noremarsh Junior School||Monday 6th March||6.00pm |
|Lydiard Millicent CofE Junior School||Tuesday 7th March||6.00pm |
|All other Primary Schools to attend RWBA||Wednesday 8th March||6.00pm |
Year 6 Parent Information Evening
A large A4 envelope will be sent to you prior to the Parent Information Evening on the 12th June. This pack will contain all the information needed/required for your child's transition to Secondary School - from which Tutor Group they are in, language choice, where to buy uniform, transport, music tuition and other important forms we require you to fill out etc...
- Monday 12th June 2017 - 6.00pm - 8.00pm
Year 6 Induction Days (all students to attend both days)
- Thursday 29th & Friday 30th June 2017
- Times - 8.40am - 3.00pm (please arrive for 8.30am ready to be lined up in your Tutor Group on the playground, staff will be on hand to assist)
- Come in Primary School uniform, bring a pencil, packed lunch, trainers, water and money if you wish to purchase food in the School Restaurant
- Parent Tours available on the Thursday - 9.10am & 2.00pm (contact Mrs Pocock to book)
First Day of Term for New Year 7's
- Year 7 only - Monday 4th September 2017 (same as Induction Day, please arrive at 8.30 ready to be lined up in your Tutor Group on the playground)
- Whole school starts - Tuesday 5th September 2017
Uniform Sizing Afternoon's
- Chance to come in and size up your child's new uniform
- Dates to be advised......
- Parental responsibility to order on-line - Preference would be to have the uniform delivered to the home address unless you already have a child in school to collect. If you have a child in school then orders must be processed before 1st Monday of July, so uniform can be collected before the end of the summer term.